AS and A Levels
Beginning 2022, DBIS will offer grade 10 students the choice between the Cambridge AS & A Levels and IBDP curriculum. At DBIS we encourage learners to become confident, responsible, reflective, innovative and engaged individuals.
The Cambridge International AS & A Level syllabuses are designed based on learners having about 180 guided learning hours for each Cambridge International AS Level and about 360 guided learning hours for a Cambridge International A Level.
Please select any 3 / 4 subjects from groups 2 – 5.
Select a maximum of one subject from each group.
IPQ – Cambridge International Project Qualification (Cambridge IPQ) is an exciting project-based qualification. Students have the opportunity to develop skills by carrying out research into a topic of their choice. Taking Cambridge IPQ allows learners to demonstrate engagement with their chosen topic beyond preparation for an exam, helping them to stand out from the crowd with university and job applications.
- Cambridge IPQ is a single component
- Supported by a teacher, the candidate completes a 5000 word research project on a topic of the candidate’ own choice
- 5000 word research project on a topic of the candidate’ own choice
- All projects are marked by Cambridge examiners.
- Students will be eligible for grades A* to E.
- Although it is a standalone qualification, it will be graded by Cambridge at the same standard as a Cambridge International A Level.
The adage – Sound mind in a sound body is most relevant especially in these pandemic times. A sports field provides opportunities to develop leadership qualities, improve self-esteem and interpersonal skills. Accordingly, all our students will have access to the sports facilities and training during school hours.
The program has been designed to take learning beyond the confines of the classroom and sensitise our students towards the problems and issues plaguing the society and environment. DBIS has been associated with Jane Goodall’ Roots and Shoots as well as IAYP-International Award for Young People since the past few years. We plan to continue these programmes by devising and implementing sessions to provide students ample opportunities to develop soft skills such as leadership, teamwork and confidence.
Admissions 2022 – 2024
At DBIS we limit our class size to a maximum of 25 students in the A Level program. We pride ourselves in personalised education, smaller classes and one to one interaction among students and teachers.
- Internal Students: Minimum B or above in English as a First Language and Mathematics in Grade 9 Report Card.
- External Students: (/ SSC / ICSE /CBSE / IGCSE): Minimum 75% (average of all the subjects) in Grade 9 Final Report card
DBIS Scholarship Programme
The scholarships awarded at DBIS are open to both internal and external students. A maximum of 2 students will be awarded the scholarship in the School Toppers & Academics and 1 student in the sports category.