Our Learner Profiles
Administration, teachers, parents and students all learn about and focus on the Learner Profile. All learning and instruction are developed around fostering these traits. IB learners are internationally minded individuals that strive to create a better world through understanding the world’s global interconnectedness and humanity. These traits are:
- Inquirers: Develop a natural curiosity that allows them to become lifelong learners.
- Knowledgeable: They explore ideas of importance and dig deep into its meaning creating a balance of their learning.
- Thinkers: They apply thinking skills that allow them to tackle complex problems in creative ways.
- Communicators: They understand and can articulate information in confident, creative ways, including a second language.
- Principled: Students are honest, fair, just and full of integrity. They strive to solve their own problems and to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Open-minded: Students understand and embrace other cultures. They recognize and celebrate their own backgrounds and learn tolerance for others.
- Caring: Students actively care about others and participate in active service.
- Risk-Takers: Students are brave in the face of new challenges. They strive to take on new roles and to defend their own beliefs.
- Balanced: Students understand the need to be emotionally, physically and mentally balanced. They strive for this in themselves and others.
- Reflective: Students reflect on their own learning. They are able to adjust for weaknesses and strengths.